to confirm your booking, we require 50% deposit and the details of a valid credit card. payments received will confirm you have read and agreed to our terms and conditions. your booking will be confirmed via email on receipt of the deposit.
full and final payment for your stay is required 30 days prior to your arrival.
- visa (a credit card fee applies)
- mastercard (a credit card fee applies).
- american express (a credit card fee applies)
*if paying by bpay a credit card will be requested to be held as a security during your stay. please note: if you add your credit card details online, a pre-authorisation amount of $1 will be automatically placed on your card to confirm the card is valid. this will automatically be released by your bank in 7-14 days.
all bookings and tariffs are subject to change without notice. all bookings and deposits received are subject to the landlords’ approval and receipt of deposit monies. all tariffs are inclusive of a $66 booking and service fee.
travel insurance is highly recommended to cover last minute personal issues or changes to plans as they may arise. travel insurance can be taken out online and will cover you in situations where we cannot.
all deposits and payments are not refundable. we are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for.
no show: if guests do not show up for their booking and do not call to cancel, they forgo their entire booking and will not be refunded.
if you need to change your booking for any reason, given 30+ days notice you can, however, transfer your booking to new dates or transfer them to other nominated guests.
cancellations within 30 days require full payment of accommodation and services booked.
if you have to cancel a booking we will attempt to resell the dates for you and if we are successful we will reimburse you your deposited funds less $110 cancellation fee.
conditions of use for each hideaway
each hideaway offers exactly the same facilities only the decor and location differ. the owners will make every effort to ensure the hideaway is available as booked. however the owners reserve the rights to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances. your booking confirms that you have read and agree to our terms as stated.
arrival and departure
we will notify you via sms as soon as your hideaway is ready on your day of arrival. this will be some time before 3 pm which is our official check-in time. please ensure that we have your mobile number.
departure time is 11 am.
wifi general usage
free data is available for reasonable usage up to 5gb per day.
please note – should the wifi not be available due to technical or service issues no compensation will be given.
each hideaway has an off-street car park for one car available.
big blue backyard is strictly no smoking indoors. guests found smoking indoor will charged an additional cleaning and deodorizing cost. any damage caused by smoking will also result in extra charges.
a payment plan offers you the opportunity to make regular payments on your booking. these payments are automated and taken at set intervals by our gateway provider.
- payment plans are only available for online bookings.
- payment plans are only available for credit card payments.
- a minimum of 3 payments are required and can be set to be
- an administration fee of $2.00 per transaction will apply.
- cancellation insurance is not available for payment plan bookings.
- payment plans will only be offered to guests if it fits within the appropriate timeframe for your chosen payments.
- credit card details can be edited on an existing payment plan. you can also replace the current payment method with a new credit card.
- once created, a payment plan cannot be edited. you are not able to change the payment amount, a number of instalments, next payment date or billing cycle.
- payment plans can be cancelled if required, however, please note that new payment plans can only be created when making a booking online. should you cancel a payment plan on an existing booking, you will not be able to re-instate or create a new plan for the same booking.
- you can change the credit card or bank account attached to the plan by editing the credit card / direct debit authorisation on the guests profile
payment plan – declined payments
if the initial credit card payment is declined the booking will fail and the dates will not be reserved.
if any of the following payments decline, you will receive an email notification.
- we will not attempt to re-take a declined payment. however, the remainder of the payment plan will proceed as normal. when the next payment is due, the guests’ credit card will be charged the next payment amount.
problems and complaints
in the event of a problem or complaint you must inform ocean blue coastal retreats immediately so management has the opportunity to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible within reasonable time. failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability to rectify the problem or complaint and will extinguish any claim for compensation.
by agreeing to these terms and conditions you acknowledge that if we are able to solve a problem within 24 hours then you are not due a refund.